DesignJam Toronto: “TrafficJam”
DesignJam "TrafficJam" is an all-day innovation jamboree – a curated open space guiding more than a hundred design leaders & design learners, sharing ideas, tools & perspectives, to better understand & address a complex problem. Nicknamed "TrafficJam," DesignJam Toronto gathers young leaders, mentors, teams and aspiring entrepreneurs to conceive innovative user experiences and activate ideas to improve mobility in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area.
The theme: “TrafficJam”: How can we improve mobility in our region?
Finding & meeting challenges & opportunities for improving traffic & transit in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area (GTHA) through design thinking, innovation & entrepreneurship.
Facilitators & Mentors
Our spotlight is slated to feature great people including:
- Adam Lawrence, service innovation director & co-initiator of Global Sustainability Jam, GovJam & Service Jam, the world's biggest service design event
- Jennifer Leonard, founder of Brand New Ways, IDEO alumna, co-author of Massive Change
- Peter Stoyko, Industry Canada service designer whose work visually unpacks urban mobility
- Matti Siemiatycki, U of T expert in transportation policy, infrastructure, and planning
- Roger Keil, York University research chair whose work illuminates global suburbanization
Workshop choices include
Making Systems Human-Centred
Designing Flourishing Business
|9–10:30 am||Welcome, Orientation, Lightning Talks|
|10:30–12 am||Morning Workshops|
|12–1:30 pm||Food, fuel, music|
|1:30–3 pm||Afternoon Workshops|
|3:30–4:15 pm||Workshop Reports & design critique|
|4:15–5pm||Expert feedback & panel|
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Organized by Strategic Innovation Lab (sLab) as part of OCAD University's Campus Linked Accelerator (CLA), DesignJam has support from OCE and ONE in partnership with MaRS and OCADU's Imagination Catalyst. We draw from methods and insights developed in OCADU's Strategic Foresight & Innovation (SFI) community, a unique graduate program creating new kind of designer: a strategist who sees the world from a human perspective and re-thinks what is possible; an innovator who imagines, plans and develops a better world.